This book provides a clear and concise explanation of the compliance requirements, legislative framework and ramifications of company secretarial practice in Malaysia. It contains guidelines, procedures and case references to the vital issues pertaining to the compliance aspects of companies as well as the internal procedures required to regularise business operations. Readers will be able to understand the provisions of Companies Act 2016 and related legislation, and how they apply in the commercial world.
Key Features & Benefits
- Describes and explains the company secretarial practices involved in executing the law.
- Incorporates the related requirements under Companies Act 2016 and Company Regulations 2017.
- Contains specimen forms, resolutions, minutes and notices crucial to a company secretary’s obligations.
- Directors will benefit as they know what their responsibilities are, the extent and limitations of their powers and their liabilities for failure to comply/act accordingly.
1. An overview of companies
3 Company’s constitution
4. Company’s shares
5. Directors’ appointment, removal and resignation
6. Directors’ duties and liabilities
7. Directors and the management of company affairs
8. Company registers
9. Shareholders and meetings
10. Minority protection
11. Accounts and audit
12. Debentures, charges and receivership
13. Winding up and Strike Off
14. Regulatory obligations of listed companies
15. Arrangements, reconstructions and corporate rescue mechanism
Please note that this title will be released in March 2018. You will receive them within 7 -10 working days of the release of the book.