This book is a commentary on the law, principles and practice underpinning the complex Malaysian labour system. It discusses issues pertinent to HR practitioners and professionals, including minimum employment standards, employment termination, dealing with the courts, and data protection and privacy in employment.
- Commentaries focusing on statute and case law: Commentaries are mainly based on the Industrial Relations Act 1967 and Employment Act 1955. Other Acts covered are the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, Whistleblower Protection Act 2010, National Wages Consultative Council Act 2011 and Minimum Retirement Age Act 2012.
- Easy reading: Content is presented in an easy-to-understand format.
- Authoritative authors: The handbook is written by two eminent IR lawyers in Malaysia and endorsed through a foreword written by Tan Sri Dato Seri Raus Sharif, President of the Court of Appeal
- Roles of recruitment and termination
- Law on dismissal
- Business closure and changes in business ownership
- Other types of termination
- Coping with courts and tribunals (a. The Industrial Court b. The Labour Court)
- Trade unions and industrial relations
- Compensation and remedies in industrial law
- Data protection and privacy in employment