EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Enjoy 10% Savings if you Register by 28 February 2019 Use code 28FEB at checkout.
In 2015, the United Nations adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes the 17 Goals. Malaysia, as one of the 193 states, has also adopted these Goals and integrated them into the National Development Plan. Bursa Malaysia launched its Sustainability Framework in 2015 in support of the nation’s commitment towards the global goals, making it mandatory for all public-listed companies to prepare sustainability reporting. The SDGs Business Forum 2017 saw that the Goals provide all businesses with a new lens through which to translate the world’s needs into business solutions enabling companies to better manage their risks, anticipate consumer demand, build positions in growth markets, secure access to needed resources, and strengthen their supply chains, moving the world towards a sustainable development path. As the need to strengthen business sustainability initiatives heightens, companies are moving into sustainability management for value creation and business continuity from merely preparing sustainability reporting for compliance reason. This programme gives you a holistic view from sustainability reporting to sustainability management with models of sustainable development planning for better utilisation of business resources with integrity and stability. The programme integrates hands-on development of sustainability plan for your organisation, which is beyond corporate social responsibility. The sustainability plan focuses on company’s growth and business strategy embedding sustainability and managing risks and opportunities for greater value creation. The programme will be facilitated using professional thinking tools in the discussion sessions and concluded with a storytelling session where you will engage people with your sustainability ideas.
What You Will Learn
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand the need for sustainability management for more meaningful sustainability reporting.
- Be able to assess how businesses can reap meaningful returns from value creation through sustainable development planning in sustainability management.
- Equip yourself with the basic tools to prepare sustainability plan in-line with the 17 Goals of UN SDGs.
- Abreast with the development of the requirements by Bursa Malaysia in sustainability reporting highlighting the benefits of sustainability management.
- Learn to review and reflect your role as a sustainability specialist and your organisation’s commitments to the global goals.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable for:
- HR managers/executives
- Sustainability managers/executives/officers
- Corporate personnel involving in sustainability reporting and management
- Anyone aspiring to take on a career role in sustainability
Sustainable Development for Sustainability
- Current state of the world and the need for sustainability
- From corporate social responsibility to sustainable business initiatives
- The importance of sustainability to business
- Where are we?
Sustainable Development and The 17 SD Goals of the United Nations Global Compact 2030
- The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) and the contribution to businesses
- The 17 SDGs and the contribution by businesses
- Your personal commitment to the SDGs
- How will you bring the SDGs back to your workplace?
Sustainable Development and Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainability reporting guidelines (SRG) of Bursa Malaysia
- Meaningful benefits of sustainability reporting to public listed companies
- Stakeholder’s engagement and materiality in sustainable business initiatives
- Themes and indicators for business sustainability commitments
Sustainable Development Planning as Part of Sustainability Management
- Sustainability management, the additions to the new edition of Bursa’s SRG
- The addition on sustainability reporting for compliance to sustainability management for value creation for businesses
Creating Your Sustainable Development Plan
- The steps of sustainable development planning
The Foundation of Your Sustainable Development Plan
- The questions, organisational messages, community awareness, impact and effectiveness of sustainable development planning
- The assessment of supply and demand by understanding stakeholders
Case Building for Sustainable Development Planning
- The identification and definition of problems your company addresses
- The rationality and value creation of the Plan and support
- The presentation of your case
Strategies Establishing Stakeholder Partnerships
- The Who to partner- internal first, external next
- The development of long-term partnerships for Plan sustainability
Strategies for Partnership Long-term Maintenance
- The maintenance of partnerships over time
- Building trust, reliance and communication under the framework of the 17 SDGs
Strategies for Resilience and Resource Development
- Financial resources and support for your Plan
- Grants and volunteers
Storytelling of Your Sustainable Development Plan as Part of Sustainability Management
Dr Eugene Pek specialises in training and consulting for sustainable development planning and non-market valuation (pricing) for use in benefit-cost analysis and sustainability. Eugene also facilitates training in design thinking used as a mindset (tool) to generate effective solutions for business innovation and sustainability. He was trained in design thinking at the University College Dublin Innovation Academy. Eugene is a certified trainer and planner of sustainable development planning calibrated by and registered with the World Institute of Sustainable Development Planners, UNESCO Hong Kong Association. He is also a certified trainer registered with the HRDF Malaysia and a Professional Green Economist of Green Economics Institute, United Kingdom. Eugene has been an academic for the past two decades and was formerly an associate professor at the University of Nottingham Malaysia, where he taught business economics, strategy and sustainability, published research papers applying non-market valuation techniques, coached students for international business competitions and led the Enactus University of Nottingham Malaysia in many social entrepreneurship start-ups for the local communities.
If you would like us to send you an invoice, please click here
to register. Otherwise, please click on “Add to Cart” and make payment with your credit card.